Tipo de programa:Alfabetización Adulta
grupo de edad:Adultos
Descripción del programa
Detalles del evento
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
The VITA program offers free tax help to local residents who make $67,000 or less annually. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
For the safety of clients and volunteers, clients will drop off tax information and volunteers will prepare and file returns remotely. Clients will be alerted when their tax return is complete and available for pick up.
What to bring:
- Copy of prior year federal and state tax returns for years to be done: ( 2020 for 2021, 2021 for 2022)
- Copy of photo ID and spouse's if filing jointly (driver's license of passport)
- Copy of social security cards or Individual Taxpayer ID Numbers (ITIN) for each family member
- For married filing jointly, both spouses must be present to review tax return and sign return
- For all jobs W-2's, 1099's, 1098's for all years tax returns to be done
- IRS letter 6419 "Advanced Child Tax Credits", if received during the later part of 2022
- IRS letter 6475 "Third Economic Impact Payment" and other payments received from IRS (2021 & 2022)and California Franchise Tax Board 2022
- Copy of voided check if direct deposit or refund requested